Re: [Harp-L] tweed cover protector/sealant

You really do need to take it apart. The chassis comes out with I think just the 2 screws on the top. There's usually a bracket
on the inside that holds the transformer up but it should slide past that. Before removing the chassis unplug the speakers and
remove the strain releif screw holding the power cord to the inside of the amp. Also, do not reach inside the amp even though it's
unplugged. Capacitors store high voltages. After the back panels are off and the chassis is out You'll want to remove the baffle
board (piece with the speakers on it). I think that has 2 or 3 screws on top and bottom. Remove them and tilt the top of the assembly
toward the back with the speakers still attached and pull it all out. After that you just need to remove the handle, feet and logo
plate and the amp's all bare and ready to go.

Make sure to apply the sealer as evenly as possible and plan to do 3 or 4 coats at least letting each one dry in between. Be careful
on the first coat too of the overlapping seams on the top and bottom of the amp. You'll want to apply the sealer evenly and lightly at these points
because the sealer will bleed under the seams and make stain marks. Try not to brush toward the lapping fabric here and follow the lap
instead. It'll probably still bleed a bit but it'll be good. Another thing that I think looks good and is easy at this point with everything
apart is to seal the ENTIRE cab. I like sealing the bare wood inside as well as everything else.

Good luck,
Scooter

Hi Tom,

I took mine apart... I don't recommend trying to do it with the amp still assembled. That said, it's pretty easy to do so and you only need a few screwdrivers, if I remember correctly.

Take out the chassis and the board that the speakers are screwed into. I think I left all the speakers still attached to the board. Also be sure to take out the grille... You don't want to get shellac on the grille cloth.

Bill
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T