[Harp-L] Using Individual Component Power or Power Strip to Power on/off?

Is it really OK to plug all components (such as delay/reverb, Digitech RP350, a wireless receiver, or kinder, etc) or even a full-size amp like the Cruncher into one power strip and just use the strip to power on/off everything? I'm no electrical engineer but that seems like it might not be good to subvert the regular power switch on those things in that way over and over. I know there's a risk you might surge and trip a breaker, so probably something big like the full amp might not be a good idea, also because I usually turn the power on with the amp on standby to let it warm up the tubes, etc. So maybe cross that one off unless someone feels differently.

It feels like kind of a lazy thing to do, but more convenient if you have several pieces to your rig like some of the ones I see. I was curious about this, and wonder if those of you with a better knowledge of electricity/electronics and how these components, pedals, etc are set up internally might know if there could be any adverse effect on them or even anything that might void a warranty. I'm guessing it might be ok for lighter/simpler stuff like a few pedals, but not for bigger things like the amp, wireless unit, or even Digitech?

Bill Hines