[Harp-L] Re: BEST HARP AMP under $500

Look out! Prepare for barrage of contrasting suggestions...but that's  what
you asked for.

As for all-around simple versatility, A used Fender Blues Jr. is my
economical favorite. You can mess with a couple tube swaps, and down the line
maybe a speaker upgrade if the spirit moves you, but still this is my swiss
army  amp, suitable for most occasions. Durable, small enough, light  enough,
almost always loud enough (and hey, just mic it if the venue's  really big).
Add the delay box of your choice, and you're good to  go.
I take it as a back-up, should my trusty Bassman bite the dust at the last
(and worst) moment....

$350 used in most places, and worth every penny.

Jeff

In a message dated 7/7/2010 9:21:13 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,