Re: [Harp-L] Mic recommendation

----- Original Message -----
I am a beginner blues harp player, and I'm am planning to get a Vox DA5 as my first amp. What relatively inexpensive mic would you recommend to go with it? Looking for the Little Walter tone, naturally. :-)

Thanks for your help.

John
Sacramento, CA

I'd say that you won't go wrong with a Shure SM-58 and a lo-hi impedance transformer. I bought one about 30 years ago and I still have it, and use it these days as a vocal mic. Sometimes, in a pinch, I'll use it to mic my little Kalamazoo to the pa using a regular XLR cable. That mic was my main harp mic for many years till I started playing around with vintage bullets. And by the way I have several vintage bullets for sale too. Oh, also have an extra transformer around here somewhere too.

Email OFFLIST for more info.

I recommend the SM-58. It's an industry standard to which most other 'stick' mics are compared. And it will hold it's value.

Splash!