[Harp-L] 2 Blues Harmonica Classes in Philadelphia, PA Begin Monday Night, July 12

From: Seth Holzman, PO Box 866, Ardmore, PA 19003-0866

Tel.:  610-642-7985; Email: _zepharpo@xxxxxxxx (mailto:zepharpo@xxxxxxx)

Announcing Two Summer Blues Harmonica Classes in  the Philadelphia Pa Area:
-  Blues Harmonica 1 on Monday nights from 6:30 to 7:45 PM, and

- Blues Harmonica 2 on Monday nights from  8:00 to 9:15 PM.
    These classes  begin on Monday night, July  12, and run for 8 weeks,
through August 30, in an air  conditioned room at the Philadelphia Folksong
Society (PFS), 7113 Emlen St., Philadelphia, PA  19119.
    To register, call the Philadelphia  Folksong Society at 215-247-1300.
    The class will  cost $95.00 for non-members of PFS and $85.00 for PFS
members.   Additionally, the Blues Harmonica 1 textbook can be purchased from
the  instructor for $8.00 on the first night.  We  will use it in the Blues
Harmonica 2 class as well, so if you already own it,  please bring it.
    I hope to see you soon and to continue  helping you improve your
harmonica playing this summer!  It will be  fun!

Best,
Seth

Blues Harmonica 1 Course  Description:
Seth  Holzman, B. Music, Syracuse University
(Instructor Seth Holzman has been  playing harmonica since 1965, teaching
harmonica since the early  '70's, and has performed with Muddy Waters, Koko
Taylor, Ronnie  Earl, Roomful Of Blues, Magic Slim & The Teardrops, and  many
others.)
Let's continue our work with the  harmonica and focus on the blues.  The
harmonica's unique sound is integral  to the distinctiveness of many great
blues bands.  Learn some techniques  and styles of background and lead playing.
We will work on songs by Slim Harpo,  Little Walter, Sonny Terry, etc.
Bring a 10-hole diatonic key of  C-major harmonica such as the Hohner
Special 20,
Hohner Pro Harp, or equivalent, to first class.  Required text may be
purchased for
$8.00 from the instructor the first night.  (Optional: bring a tape
recorder and blank tape or a digital recorder.) (This class is for people  who
have taken my Beginner's Harmonica Class or who have similar  skills.)

Blues Harmonica 2 Course  Description:
A continuation of Blues  Harmonica 1.