Re: [Harp-L] What constitutes being a "Professional" harmonica player?

On Jul 13, 2010, at 1:08 PM, Frank franze wrote:

> What constitutes being a "Professional" harmonica player?
>
> I believe that it's all RELATIVE: I'm a "PRO" to some innocent folk - but in the presence of some (BIG DOGS) like Dennis Gruenling or Steve Guyger- etc, then my PRO status is suddenly non-existent!!! lol

Regarding "professional" status: I take the view of the Olympic committees of old.  If you get paid for doing "it" (no double entendre intended), you're a professional.

However, being paid to do something does not automatically confer upon the individual the assumption of competence.  Often we assume that people who get paid to do something are better than those who do not.  All of us know incompetent professionals and amazing amateurs.  That's my two cents.

Bob