[Harp-L] Re: What Constitutes Being A "Professional"?

Michael Rubin wrote:

>I didn't leave out anyone on purpose, I just don't remember  everyone
>or know everyone's names.  Of course, there are plenty of  Asian
>chromatic players.  Let's name  them.

Michael,

I know you to be a decent person, nothing implied in regard to
intentionally leave anyone out.  Hope it didn't come across as  anything but a factual
comment, apologies to all if it seemed  otherwise.  Again, I thought yours
was a good list... & I  like that you introduced the topic.

The Asian player thing popped into my head for no particular reason, was
referring to players from that part of the world as opposed to anyone of a
specific race.  I should have stated "players from Asia" instead of "Asian
players".  Seems a valid comment though, as there is  a large mass of talent
on the other side of the globe and I've seen mention  of only one Far
Eastern player in this thread.

Not in ANY way alleging group racism, absolutely logical  that a primarily
western based group would list the people they are  familiar with.  Ask the
same question in China, Japan, Malaysia,  or for that matter Russia,
Hungary, or Brazil and I'm sure the  initial list would look a lot different.

Chris