Re: [Harp-L] THE COMB DEBATE REVISITED: SPAH Test

Hi Brendan,

>I thought I made it clear ....

Well EXCUUUUSE me!

>Coverplate testing is another thing altogether, and we can't do that at the
>same time. We need exactly the same covers and reedplates to go on each
>different comb as it is introduced.

Understood ...

The point of my “intended to be helpful” suggestion is that once you
have completed your primary investigation, given the effort you will
have gone to in terms of set up and in enlisting volunteers, it could
be a good time to do whatever quick-and-dirty tests might be of
interest, to probe whether other investigations in the future, may be
worthwhile ... more extensive future experiments could be carried out
by you or by other folks of like interest ...

Coverplates seems like an area that could rival combs in terms of
opinions and controversy, based on harp-l posts over the years ...

For example: Does ”opening up” the back/sides of Marine Band, Golden
Melody, Harpmaster, etc, coverplates have any objectively discernible
benefit to listeners or is it something that benefits only the player,
if there is any benefit at all?