Re: [Harp-L] Covers

Frank,

As i recall, Dave didn't tell us which was which until after those who responded expressed opinions. I think a couple of people obstinately asserted they heard no difference, but all of the others who participated did. Dave can probably direct you to this topic in the archives. I don't know if he still has the sound samples posted somewhere.

FWIW, I suspect that part of what appeals to some players who like MBs so much is the sound of the vented covers. I do think vented covers have a somewhat more diffuse timbre than unvented covers. The effect of other differences in cover design may be debatable or non- existent, but, IMHO, the difference between vented and unvented covers is definitely audible. I can't remember everyone who participated in Dave's survey, but I i did and i think Elizabeth (EGS1217) was another one of us that did. There were several others, but I don't recall who else.

JP