[Harp-L] re: major/minor

If you can play 1st position you can play 4th position which is good for
songs Neil Young and Bob Dylan minor tunes. (A C harp would play in A minor
in 4th position)

If you can play major pentatonic scale in 2nd you can play 5th position
which is good for songs like Little Wing. A C harp would play in E minor

Third is excellent for blues. A C harp would play in D minor. If you have
trouble with third--skip the first 3 holes.

2nd is good for minor blues--listen to Butterfield. A C harp plays in G
minor.

If you take a Lee Oskar natural minor A minor harp and replace the blow
reedplate with a D major reedplate you get a Dorian tuned harp.

I haven't tried the Lee Oskar harmonic minor, but I just wrote a song about
Area 51 with a real Mideast surf vibe so I'm going to have to buy at least
one.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals