From: David Payne <dmatthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, July 18, 2010 9:27:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Playing in majors/minors

Hey Gary, circular and solo tuning weren't around in the 1860s, either, haha..

Seriously, though, Paddy Richter's not bad for blues. I think of it as primarily

a fourth-position tuning, but in second position, you still have all the same
notes, you just have to go to the 2 draw for the G.  The only thing you really
lose is the low C chord - and the ability to hit that A note off-pitch.:)