Re: [Harp-L] Cheap Sibelius (music notation software) but is it cool?

Sibelius is a GREAT program... I've been using it for many years. Most
music colleges use it, because it is just really very good. It prints score
beautifully, and of course it plays them back for you. I haven't found any
music  notation program that is nearly so good.

It was at first written for a BBC computer, then the more powerful Acorn
system, being re-written for the PC Windows platform about 15 years ago.

The Royal College of Music in London even bought several "Acorn"  computer
systems back in the early 1980's,  just to run "Sibelius"...  Of course
technology has moved on since then. The latest version of Sibelius is  simply
awesome.

There are versions available for Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OSX

_http://www.sibelius.com/home/index_flash.html_
(http://www.sibelius.com/home/index_flash.html)

I'm just a satisfied customer!

But beware buying any software from a web site that you don't know... I got
 conned by just such a site, purchasing "Adobe Photoshop" for 1/3 of the
full regular price back in April this year... Being told it was less
expensive  because it was not the latest version... OK I downloaded the program, but
 got no product code... So I  just ended up with 28 days "free trial",  and
I totally wasted my money!

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines.