[Harp-L] Re. SPAH Comb Test

Frank wrote: "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought the object of the test was to detect
if there exists any difference in the sound of the different comb-inations,
and if there was a detecteble difference that the participants would then
use adjectives such as bright/dull,etc.,etc., to explain what ever
differences they percieved in tone ,timbre, volume, etc. I stand corrected!"

Maybe I misunderstood you. They won't be asked to "tell the difference" by
comparing combs, if that's what you meant (that's what I assumed you
intended). However, they will note down their impressions after every test
using a few pre-selected adjectives and a numerical scoring system. After
the test is over we'll collate the results with the comb types and publish
them online - along with the spectrograph data and the sound files.

If there is no pattern in the results at all you will be right - or maybe
some patterns will emerge. Either way, it will be interesting to find out.

Regards,

Brendan Power
WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic