Re: [Harp-L] keith doder

"Mike" <otisharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sad to report the passing of Keith Doder Mon. July 19. Keith was a St. Louis
area harp player for many years. Proficient with diatonic and chromatic he
played with several area blues bands ,including his own Blue City Band as
well as a European tour with Jimmy Rogers. Generous to a fault, he'll be
missed.
                Mike

Mike,

This is indeed sad news for the harp community in general and the St. Louis
blues harp scene in particular.  Thanks for letting us know.  Keith was
possibly the finest 3rd position player I've ever heard, and was a master of
the slow, minor blues.  I am lucky to have a recording of the Blue City
Band's version of "I Wander", on which Keith's playing is about as good as
it gets.

Keith did a seminar at SPAH - I think 2004 - on 3rd Position.

I remember seeing him at Riddles shortly thereafter, and we had a real nice
chat.

Play a little slow 3rd position tonight in memory of Keith....

Fred S