[Harp-L] Re: SPAH Convention 2010

I envy all of you who are going to SPAH this year ... and who went last
year, when it was in Sacramento, just 90 minutes away from my home. Two
years in a row Mr. Man With The Big Scythe has cut down any plans for summer
fun for this harper.

Last year we had to go north for a memorial service for a relative in Oregon
right during SPAH ... this year the death of our daughter Shannon has been
the tragic happenstance. Not that I could have afforded Minn. anyway, just
saying, I'm getting weary of these grieving blues (must be a song there
somewhere) ... Sure has returned me to playing some blues harp and thinking
on life's impermanence.

Sorry for the down post, but hey ... count your blessings and enjoy every
minute of  life and loved ones while you can.

Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA