RE: [Harp-L] Jazz/Blues in Norfolk, Va area

Visit http://meona.net/13dd.html for listing of open mics and band
performances in the Hampton Roads area.  Drop me a line when you get in town
and I can give you a quick run down on what bands you might want to check
out. I'll send my contact info offline.

SUN 08/08/2010
Sara's Irish Pub - Phoebus - Hampton ** NBN ACOUSTIC BLUES JAM FUND RAISER
** 4-8pm $5
NBN is the Natchel` Blues Network our local blues society

MON 08/09/2010
Wing King - Virginia Beach ** MACKIN MUSIC MONDAY ** /w "SUZY TAYLOR" 9:30pm

I've never been to this open mic but I hear they play some of everything.

TUE 08/10/2010
Abbey Road - Virginia Beach - OPEN STAGE /w "KARL WERNE"
Primarily acoustic and pretty diverse music

Goodfellas - Hampton - Open Mic /w "DON BUTCHER"
Goodfellas usually attracts a lot of blues musicians.  This is where I go to
work out new material.

J M Randalls - Williamsburg * OPEN MIC BLUES JAM *
Hosted by a talented blues guitarist.

Mugzy's - Hampton - OPEN MIC
I've haven't been to this open mic in a while so I can't give you current
gouge.

WED 08/11/2010
Goody's Deli - Hampton "OPEN MIC /w "SUZY-RAY-VAUGHN"
Fairly diverse music with a nice slathering of blues.

Schooners - Newport News OPEN MIC / "BILL MORRIS"
Nice open mic, but it depends on who shows up as to whether you can get a
good blues groove going.

Twist - Hampton - OPEN STAGE
Mostly R&B and smooth jazz.  Very weak on blues.

THU 08/12/2010
Marker 20 - Hampton "Open Mic
Never been to this one.

I hope this is helpful.