Re: [Harp-L] Keyboard

Middle C, the typical "starter C harp" is also called C4, since it is the C
of the 4th full octave on a piano keyboard. "Our" G is the G *below* middle
C. Our harp G is G3 on a keyboard. Low F is F3 on a piano keyboard. Low Low
F is the F of the second octave of a piano keyboard (waaaay down there). A
full octave and a half below Middle C.  "High G" harp starts on G4, the G
above Middle C.

A0, A#0 and B0 are the first three notes on the far left hand side (the bass
portion) of a piano keyboard. They are denoted as 0 because they do not
belong to a full octave. The C of the first full octave is called C1, then
comes C#1, then D1, and it goes from there. Got a bit of training as a Piano
Tuner in my background... and I also played the piano...

How's that?

Deb