To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 1:18 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] The Reverend Mojo Red

Well, yesterday I did something I never dreamed I'd ever do... ever, ever, ever.

I officiated a wedding.

Yup, James--the son of my guitar player Jimmy Seville, and who was drummer in my band for about a year--asked me to be the "minister" at his wedding. And yesterday my wife and I (married 21 years), led the couple through the vows and the "I Doos" and the exchange of rings and the whole shootin' match--all before a gathering of about 150 people. What a powerful experience!

Of course the couple was already officially married via the justice of the peace, so I didn't need a license. I make no claims as a religious sort, but they wanted a secular wedding and asked me and I accepted the honor. The ceremony went off without a hitch, but now I think Jimmy will soon start introducing me at gigs as "The Reverend Mojo Red." Hah!

Anyway, congratulations to James and Ashley...may your journey through life together be fulfilling and happy!! :-)

Harp Content: When the bride made her grand entrance I played the "Here Comes The Bride" song as sweetly as I could on chromatic with Jimmy accompanying on acoustic guitar.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.
TeraBlu Band on My Space
http://www.myspace.com/terablu