Subject: Re: [Harp-L] looking for a new home...

Rob,

I concur wholeheartedly!  Borish behavior appears in every facet of life, and our corner world is no different. Some would say the chromatic and diatronic are two completely different instruments, I say bravo then to the person who can play both with elan and who can juxtapose techniques from one to the other. Case in point:  some of the most moving blues I have heard recently have come from Jumpin' Johnny Sansone on the chromatic, and conversely some of the greatest jazz I have heard recently has been from Howard Levys latest releases.

After seeing Sansone cut heads with his Chomo at Hill Country Harmonica last week, I have personally have dedicated myself to learning more about my cannon.  Chris DePino and Randy Weinstein have both been gracious enough to offer tips and advice on translating what I already know (Diatonic) over to my Seydel Saxony.  If the diatonic whispered "hello lover" when I first played it, then the chromatic has certainly put it's hands on it hips, looked me in the eye and said "I dare you to come closer tough guy" Challenging yes, but what a cool new adventure it's become.  But I too can't - and won't - seperate the two.I love both, both have an important place in the harmonica world specifically and the music world at large.

Putting it in Billy Joel-esq terms...  "Diatonic or Chromatic, it's still harmonica music to me"!