[Harp-L] tunes for harmonica and fiddle

My wife's huge family reunion is coming up soon and this year I am being pressured into doing a duet with a niece who is a violinist for the talent show. We have no music history together and am not sure what common ground we can stand on, but would be grateful to any list members who have insight into songs for fiddle harmonica duo. One traditional piece that comes to mind is Yew Piney Mountain. I heard a version of it on Grant Dermody's CD Crossing that River and really liked it. Other ideas anyone?

Also considering taking a dozen or so cheap harps and doing a group thing with the kids in the 8-12 year old range - anyone have any experience with teaching a group of young kids a simple tune that sounds good as a group ensemble? at the very least this should add some hilarity to the reunion.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ross Macdonald
www.myspace.com/sassparillajugband
www.sassparillapdx.com