[Harp-L] Meteor Amps

FWIW, I played through another harp player' s Meteor when he invited me to sit in at a fairly large gig earlier this year. Personally, i prefer a relatively clean set up and don't go for a lot of crunch an distortion. But although the Meteor was pretty far from the type of rig I prefer to play through, I must say that it was an absolutely great sounding amp. The distortion had warmth and texture and a nice evenness of response. The quality of the tone could be controlled and varied with breath and mic technique. I mean, it's not possible to get a clean sound out of this amp, but a player who knows what he's doing can vary the how the amp responds.

Most of the time when I'm invited to sit in and have to play through some other harp player's distortion generating amp, I do not enjoy the experience. But i really enjoyed playing through the Meteor--not a rig i would choose for my sound, but for a harp player who wants a gritty Chicago sound, the Meteor is a pretty nice amp. I was impressed. No reverb tank, though.

JP