Subject: [Harp-L] tunes for harmonica and fiddle

Ross:  How about 'Ashokan Farewell'?  'Greensleeves'?,   'Bridge Over
Troubled Water' or 'Homeward Bound' -the last two by Simon &  Garfunkel?  All
would sound wonderful as combos with those two  instruments.  There's a
gorgeous harmonica (diatonic) version of Ashokan  Farewell by Kirk 'Jellyroll'
Johnson...I have on a compilation album made by  someone on this list for me to
listen to some harmonica numbers. Don't know  where he got the original.
I've been looking for a CD to purchase...it's a truly  beautiful version.

Any beautiful ballad with two very harmonious voices could lend itself to
that sort of duet.  I tend to always think in terms of the human voice when
searching out songs to play...then I 'hear' them in my head as the
instruments...don't know how else to explain it. Clearly I'm not country/fiddle
oriented so am working with the music I know (I could think of several
Scottish  songs such as the Skye Boat Song, but I doubt that's what you're looking
for).

...as to the kids 'ensemble'...how about being a little more ambitious and
trying something such as 'We are the World (we are the children)  with
everyone joining in singing - they won't be able to help themselves -...which
of  course would then drown out any mistakes? :)

much luck..it sounds like great fun.

Elizabeth

"Message: 8