Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic Harmonica + Diatonic Harmonica = mc²

On Jun 4, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Bill wrote: (in answer to Frank Franze)

Absolutely! One of things I've noticed since starting to play the chrom about two years or so ago - other than not having to wrap my intestines around my head three times to play tricky changes - is how much better my intonation on the diatonic is, probably because my head's been programmed with what the intervals 'should' sound like.

Bill

Bill & Frank, this is one of the reasons I said what I said yesterday. Play BOTH in the same time frame. Maybe not in the same couple minutes but certainly don't neglect one for the other for any period(s) of time. I found that my constant work on diatonic bends and making notes that weren't there transfered to the chromatic, and also progressions on the chromatic will key in your ear to the point that when you hit a less than palatible note on diatonic, it jumps right out at you.

smo-joe