[Harp-L] Re: harp and fiddle... Kim Wilson with Lionel Young!

"Harp and fiddle sound great together"

I agree.  Lionel Young lives here in Colorado, he's the  classically
trained violinist who won the solo/duo division at the 2008  IBC.  He bows it,
picks it like a guitar, plays it behind his head  (sounds hokey but it's a real
gas)... turns it into a snarling beast one  minute and a sweet songbird the
next.  I get to sit in with him once  in a while, it's LOADS of fun!

Lionel is playing at this years Greeley Blues Jam _www.greeleybluesjam.com_
(http://www.greeleybluesjam.com)  .  he  closes the Back Porch stage on
June 12, just before the  Fabulous Thunderbirds (they have this guy Kim Wilson)
come on  as the headliners on the main stage.  THEN, there's an
invitational  pro jam hosted by Lionel.  Kim says he's in, I think we'll see  him &
Lionel together!  Shamika Copeland, Too Slim &  others are also in the mix for
the jam.

Fri. June 11 & Sat. June 12.  Friday is a huge downtown crawl  with 10
indoor venues + an outdoor stage, street musicians, vendors,  a Youth
Showcase...  Coolest thing north of Beale St. &  it's all free!

You need to buy a ticket for Saturday out at Island Grove  Arena.  Sonny
Landreth & The Informants are also there.  3  stages, we give away hundreds of
harmonica's  w/lessons + give away a guitar & raffle a  2nd guitar.  40,000
sq. ft. of fresh sod on the arena floor, blues  history presentations, a
2nd Youth Showcase (featuring 'Cottonseed'  Clark & Sonny Boy Aiden)... can't
list it all here.

Al Chesis, Ronnie Shellist, Nic 'Cottonseed' Clark (must see), Dan Treanor,
 Rob Wilson, AC Blue, Clay Kirkland, Teresa Lynne & Greg Obermann  are all
harmonica players with gigs at the 2010 GBJ. Come out & support  them and
this great event.  Tent camping & RV hookups  available at good rates.

Greeley is 1 hour north of Denver.  A true non-profit, we work our
backsides off all year to put on this show, nobody takes a dime to do it.
Everything goes back into keeping the event alive or to a worthy  charity, this
years beer tips (maybe a grand) goes to the Boys & Girls  Club of Greeley.
_www.greeleybluesjam.com_ (http://www.greeleybluesjam.com)   .

Christopher Richards - Twin Tone Harmonica Microphones