Re: [Harp-L] Jamming Etiquette

My wife and I went out to eat tonight at a place where a couple of friends were playing. They asked me if I had harps and wanted to play, but I didn't bring any... on purpose.   I never sit in without being asked and I make sure I can play something that will work with the people asking.
  My problem tonight, though, was that I am in a deep, deep rut.  Our band shut down last fall and I was a little burned out on harp. So I didn't play for awhile. Then i got sick this winter and continued not playing. My sickness continued off and on for about 3 months and I never felt like playing, and was short of breath much of the time and couldn't.
Now my health is better and I'm frustrated. I played some last weekend at an informal party and I was not good at all.
My question for any of you Harp-L'ers, is what kind of practice would you recommend.
I'm very much intermediate, not interested in anything fancy. I can overblow but don't use them when playing. Should I work on scales, work on tunes I used to play well, ???
I am OK with songs I have practiced, but I'm a terrible improviser.   I would love suggestions, offlist would be fine.
Thanks in advance.
Steve Webb in Minnesota