To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Rob Paparozzi" <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 11:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic Harp_L?

Balderdash, I say!!!

There should definitely be a separate harp forum for every type of harp there is... Who needs cross-pollination of instruments and/or musical ideas and styles, genres, cultures, personal tastes or religious affiliation?? Not me, brother. I like what I like, and that's what I like.

We could each be safe and sound. We wouldn't have to face the challenges and rigors of accepting different ideas or musical tastes or cultural influences. Yep. A separate forum for everyone.

Lessee... here's a brief rundown of the great forums we could consider:
One for diatonic
One for chromatic (sub groups for 12-hole vs. 16-hole)
One for diatonic played chromatically
One for chromatic played diatonically
One for chord harp
One for bass harp
One for echo harp (octave harps considered on case-by-case basis)

One for minor tuned diatonic (with sub-groups for harmonic minor and harmonic minor)
One for diminished tuned harps (other tunings considered on case-by-case basis)
One for blues harp music
One