[Harp-L] Acoustic Big Band

I'm one of those people that believes there are two kinds of music . . .
country and western, and even when I play blues it still comes out C&W.
 Here's a YouTube link from a gig last Saturday at the Hurdy Gurdy Folk
Society where I'm playing with The Second Fiddles, an acoustic blues band I
work with here in NYC.  A couple notes that may be of interest. The song
which I snagged off a 78 rpm recording by the Harum Scarums is in the key of
C, but it starts and rides on the Am for a long time then goes major for the
second half of the form.  To get around that I use one of my Richard Sleigh
key of F Marine Bands that I've converted to Country tuning.  This was shot
with two flip cameras and then through the magic of technology they were
edited together.  I've been playing for 30 years and singing for almost 2.
 For all you closet vocalists out there - just do it, you need not be good,
just in tune, and after hanging in the back line its a blast to get up front
and lead the band - I just need to remember to give the harp player more
solos ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7QnyHeiBNE

--
Trip Henderson