Re: [Harp-L] Hey Abner, and all those just starting out...

Since I just got back from Open Mic I will check these links out in the morning.
Thank you.

Abner

On Jun 9, 2010, at 7:56 PM, Alan Kindler <kindler@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does it work on a Mac OS?
Alan
On Jun 9, 2010, at 7:15 PM, Chuck Dean wrote:

Here is a bit of information I dug out of the bowels of my computer.

I hope it helps.

A good source for everything chromatic is Harp on:

http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/

There is a great software called "Harping"

Here's a link:

http://www.harpingmidi.com/download.html

It is shareware, so you can try it out for free. (only $19.95 USD if you
decide to buy it)

Harping has a variety

of ways to view music. By notes, by tab, or you can view a Harmonica

graphic which will show you what holes to play.

It works with most diatonic and chromatic tunings.

You find the tune you want to play in MIDI format, open it in Harping,

then through the Mixer (Find it in "View" you can select what part of

the song you want to learn.

Another nice touch, the Harping Tab is done on a standard staff, so

while you are learning the songs by number you are also learning to

read music.

Because I am legally blind and have trouble differentiating between

lines and spaces on a staff. Harping has opened the door for me.

It is more fun learning songs than just scales.

Try it, you'll like it!

Chuck
"It's the early bird that catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the
cheese"