Re: [Harp-L] Miles Davis, So What / position exploration / harp choice(s)

I did it on my jazz course on a diatonic but in the original key of Dm modulating to Ebm and I used a Bb so I used the same positions. Don't the chords suggest the use of the dorian modes of C major and Db - slide out and slide in if you want to be crude about it, so pretty straightforward on the chrom but also the sort of tune that can sound really cool on a diatonic, especially if you can mimic that Miles mute sound (and nick his solo) which is what I want to get on the diatonic - maybe a good one to learn on both for different contexts maybe or take two solos and get double the glory - lol!

Bx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Lehmann" <gnarlyheman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Warren Bee" <spahpublicity@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Harp L Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Miles Davis, So What / position exploration / harp choice(s)

Here you go, the real reason to have a chromatic handy.
Modulating a high step higher on a diatonic harmonica is more than I can
handle.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Warren Bee <spahpublicity@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

I am working with a guitar player in one of my projects that has an
interest
in expanding our blues horizons to new heights. Last night he brought "So
What" to the table.