Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Kansas City Clinic, Gigs

Yes. Very tongue-in-cheek. Although (as I'm discovering) I seem to have a bee in my bonnet today about deservedly successful harmonica players not getting enough recognition for their sheer hard work (as well as their talent) and it seems to be buzzing out in places where it might not be entirely relevant. My apologies.

xxx

--- On Tue, 15/6/10, EGS1217@xxxxxxx <EGS1217@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: EGS1217@xxxxxxx <EGS1217@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Kansas City Clinic, Gigs
To: willgreener@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, 15 June, 2010, 18:24

Well, Will...Tony Eyers isn't exactly 'chopped liver'...and I rather think
knows quite a thing or two about: "practises and practises and practises and
practises and practises and practises and practises and, er, practises"
haha...(I'm gathering you wrote this a wee
bit tongue-in-cheek?)

Not to take ANYthing at all away from Brendan of course. He's an absolutely
brilliant player (which Tony is clearly acknowledging). :)  Those of
us who've gotten to see and hear Brendan play in person at SPAH especially - not
only onstage but off, feel distinctly privileged. As well, though - Tony Eyers
has been  a guest of SPAH and I even got to hear him during the
Donald Black appearance of a few years ago. It's all great, and
all terrific harmonica.  Tony spends time in Asia as far as I know?
and created an online Harmonica Academy - while Brendan seems to have an
affinity for us here in the US (lucky us!) :)

Anyone who hasn't yet had a chance to check out Brendan's 'Lorraine's
Dream' on YouTube or his beatboxing video from last SPAH with LDMiller - also on
YouTube, might want to do a quick search -  www.youtube.com - then look for his name. They
show his unbelievable range (and are two of my particular favourites).

I'm a huge Brendan Power fan if you can't tell by now. ;)

Elizabeth

"Message: 14