RE: [Harp-L] How does lipstick affect playing?

> A student of mine wants to know.  Also, once in a blue moon I might
> get curious myself...
> Michael Rubin

Looking at it logically, it would depend on the lipstick and the application...

If "your student" (yeah, we believe you) leaves lipstick marks on wine glasses, it's gonna stick to the harp too and no good will come of it.

I would also suggest that it would depend on the harp.  The comb on the bog standard Marine Band would definitely scrape it off, so I'd be recommending something like a Special 20 with recessed readplates and a face of smooth plastic.

Or even something with stainless steel coverplates (when did you last see lipstick marks on cutlery?) -- Lee Oskars would fit the bill.

And I'll say it again - that's logic talking, not experience!!!!

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/