To: "Harp L Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Deifik on the Grand Ol' Opry Saturday Night

Ken, that's awesome!

A lot of us should be able to listen to it live. I know I will be. Because of the way low-frequency radio waves travel in the atmosphere in the evening and at night, people all over the eastern U.S. and probably the Plains and Midwest as well, should be able to hear it, by tuning their Am radios to 650 Hz. Also, I think WSM is on Sirius Satellite Radio and the Opry is on the Nashville! channel on XM... at least I think that's right.
Here in W.Va., I can pick up WSM very clearly, but I've suped up my AM set quite a bit by hooking an outdoor longwire up to the internal ferrite antenna (a fun project my 8-year-old son and I did), but I've listed to WSM many times on regular AM sets.

Dave