  From: Niall Tracey
  Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 6:32 AM
  Subject: RE: [Harp-L] kim wilson,rick estren,mark hummel,etc overblows

  Setting your harp for overblows changes the feel for the player considerably, and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," as they say.

  Overbends may be tricky and impressive, but musically they are badly intonated (overbends have a fixed pitch that doesn't conform to either Equal Temperament or Just Intonation) so not only are you introducing notes that aren't in the key you're playing in, but they're always bum notes, in a manner of speaking.

  And crucially, you've picked three dedicated blues players, and these notes aren't part of the traditional blues sound.

  Some people are driven to innovate, while some people prefer to be creative within the established boundaries of a genre.

  http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/
  Do you have a story that started on Hotmail? Tell us now=