[Harp-L] tone equipment et al

I read a study that showed that elite musicians and athletes  have the
following: supportive parents who excel in that area of study--you have a
pro ball player for a mom, you have a much better chance of being  pro ball
player. Also practice. However, practicing 5-6 hours a day doesn't cut it.
Apparently, the magic amount of time is four hours beyond that you have to
worry about injury. The practice has to be deliberate, not just random
jamming. Also, this should start at a very early age. That's where the
parents come in. They know how to practice and teach the kids good practice
habits.

I've looked on line to find the study, but no luck. When I do, I'll send a
link.

If you want to buy a piece of equipment that really will help your tone, buy
some recording equipment. I thought for years I was a competent harp player
with good tone. Hah!

You don't have to be an elite musician to have fun.

You can be the bet harp player on the planet and if you don't play well with
others, it won't do you much good--so do some ensemble practicing with
everything else.

Sometimes buying a new toy encourages you to practice.
--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals