[Harp-L] re: Charlie Musselwhite on GMA

Gotta love Charlie getting such a pop gig, good bucks and it's gotta help the Harp's popularity!   Thanks, Greg, for the link.

It's been commented upon before, Charlie's playing throughout Lauper''s songs, which works.  I've been asked to do the same in a band I'm in, and it's tough!!  Especlally after trying for decades (rather unsuccesfully) to play less!

But I do rebel, and sit  out for whole measures.  However, I like  the challenge of keeping it real, fun and musical while playing rhythm, fills, themes and leads throughout, and also proving to my bandmates sometimes it's better to step back.    Of course I don't claim I can do all that competently, I just try  . . .

-Dave "is breathing without making music a waste of hot air?" Fertig