Re: [Harp-L] Re: Charlie- Good Morning America

Rubben Emmanuelli wrote:
<I feel kind of sad for Charlie...
<
<Cindi...I love u..but this is just horrible

I dunno, man.  To me it was inspired and inspiring.  I felt so good for Charlie--he's been at it a long time, and he's growing his audience by leaps and bounds. And it was VERY gratifying to see a harmonica player functioning in the same role that Clarence Clemons played in Springsteen's band--prominent both musically and in terms of the stage dynamic, the onstage foil to the singer. I wouldn't complain AT ALL if every famous pop/rock singer decided that he or she could not live without a harp player alongside them onstage.

These were some pretty intense performances, in my opinion.  Sure looked like everybody was paying attention.

But that's just what I like, it ain't the gospel.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick