[Harp-L] Philly HARP Party

2nd Annual HARP Party

Who: Anyone who wants to come and partake of a harmonica celebration

What: An evening of great music, great food, and great drink.
The backing band  is similar to that of our 1st anniversary party --
Chris on Guitar and Keyboard, David Madora on drums, and for his
initial HARP appearance Jamey Reilley (of PSALM Salon) on bass.

We have a special guest appearance by Mikey, Jr. who recently presented one of our best masterclasses and who is an
electrifying performer. He will be bringing CD's (If you don't have any
of his CD's you are missing out). In addition to Mikey we will have the
great Seth Holzman who knows more about the harp,music and history than
anyone and plays like it*; the Harp Jazz master Emile D'Amico
-- who was kind enough to present a music theory course to our members
-- and then preceeded to tear up Black Orpheus, Pete Mr. Chromatic Song
Meister (who comes with his own backing tracks. Beause of this (and he
is beautiful to listen to solo, we are planning to use him primarily
when the band is on break.)

*In the interest of full disclosure he is my teacher

When: Tuesday July 13, 2010 beginning at 6:30pm. There is a very extensive
and varied menu. Any food questions, call the restaurant. We will probably
start with the music at around 7:00pm.

Where: McGillicuties (formerly Holy Smoke)
473  Leverington Avenue
Roxborough (off  Ridge Ave)
Philadelphia, PA  19128

Why: Why not? You got something better to do?  I didn't think so.

The guidelines are pretty much as they have been:

#1) It is a family restaurant so family and friends are welcome.

#2) If you are a club player all you need is your harps, your mic, and perhaps a
toothbrush. Bring your own mic. I personally don't ever share my
harps and I don't like sharing my mic (not so much from a hygienic point of
view but from a breakage point of view). It is probably best to have a mic with
a Hi-Z output (the type that most guitar players have) not a Lo-Z vocal mic.
You know you are good if you can plug it in to any guitar amp and play
normally. If you have a Lo-Z you will need a transformer cable which you can
buy at Radio Shack.

#3)
Just a man (or woman), their harp, and their mic.

#4) We really can't accommodate other players. If you
haven't been a member we would love to have you come and enjoy the
music but only HARP members will be called up. Period.

#5) The Players:
	* Anyone who wants to play and/or sing songs accompanied by the band -  If you would like to play, please send Fred a list of 2-3 songs you would like to do with the band. Just the song name, Key of the song,
and any other brief info.

	* Beginners and intermediate players who don't want to play a whole song with the backing band just come and be prepared to have fun jammin'.
Also, please let us know approximately how many friends and
family you plan on bringing. This is for planning purposes
only.

And just when you though it couldn't get any better...there
will be a number of item raffled of as doorprizes. Perhaps a harp from
Harmonica411 (Jeff Silverman), per haps a CD from Mikey, Jr., others.

Michael and Fred