[Harp-L] bassackwards Cruncher

I wouldn't be so hard on Chuck.

It's not the first time harp players got screwed by sound men, on or off the tube.

Willie Nelson did a live tv show a few years ago. You had to strain to hear Mickey blow harp.
It was as if the sound tech hated harp players in general and didn't bother to raise his mic.
I recorded it then erased the video after the show. a real disappointment.

Saw WAR on tv back in the 70's. Not sure if it was Midnight Special or some other show.
Lee played the live harp intro to Slippin into Darkness. It sounded like they pulled the signal from the monitor.
The harp sounded muted with no reverb or presence. Another lackluster performance thanks to tv technicians.

Watched a brief minute of the best of the World Music awards tonight. I couldn't hear the horn section backing Beyonce.
Percussion's and bass were way too loud in the mix.

I'm sure most of us will now be more sensitive or aware of the mix on live tv shows after this discussion.

Michael Easton www.harmonicarepair.com