Re: [Harp-L] Gear ANON WAS Re: amps vs. tone

LOL Splash! I can relate. I went to a garage sale last week and I was able to procure a EV 638 for 20.00$ It was so funny, they were grinnin from ear to ear that some sucker bought that old mic for 20.00$, and I was grinnin from ear to ear that I was able to score a nice old, fully functional 638 for that kind of change. I wish I could do that every weekend!!! One more for the collection. Well , I'm off to a swap meet ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Splash! <celtiac@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:53:00
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Gear ANON      WAS   Re: amps vs. tone

Hi, my name is Splash and I'm a gear-head.  Glad to see so many other
addicts here.  I wish I could say I'm recovering, but I had a relapse
yesterday.

Swapped a vintage GE blackplate 12AX7 for a Mullard I found at a swapmeet in
V1 of my Kalamazoo2 Harp amp.   Always in search of more tone!  More tone,
more tone, more tone!!!!!

And I know, I know... swapmeets and flea markets are places that us addicts
are supposed to avoid, but I just love the smell of attic dust.  And the
smell of that tube when it starts cooking for the first time in 40 years...
mmmmm...  I just can't shake it.

Oooops.  this isn't the Gear-ANON forum.   Wrong email group... sorry!  My
Bad.   =8^D

Splash