Re: [Harp-L] Polyurethane Comb sealing

I've been doing precisely that for a few years, and my brain and lungs seem to work no wrose thna thye ddi bbfior.

W~

Winslow Yerxa

Resident expert at bluesharmonica.com

Harmonica instructor, jazzschool.com

Columnist, harmonicasessions.com

--- On Fri, 6/25/10, Cljdm@xxxxxxx <Cljdm@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Cljdm@xxxxxxx <Cljdm@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Polyurethane Comb sealing
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, June 25, 2010, 2:36 PM

Hi all,

Would sealing a Marine Band comb with polyurethane spray 3-4 times be a
safe way to seal a comb? I applied 3-4 light coats over 18 hour period and
let sit for 10 hours and then put the reed plates back on. Am I going to
breath my way into some unknown disease on these 4 harps?

thanks for any information,

Chris Mastakas