Re: [Harp-L] Slidemeister

Hi Bob -

Yeah, the slidemeister home page is undergoing some sort of overhaul, but the forum has been up and running here:

http://www.slidemeister.com/forums

Most chroms are tuned sharp a few cents at the factory, A=443 is not uncommon. From my point of view this has little to do with how loud you play, since you can bring any individual note down a bit in pitch easily at any volume. I prefer everything to be slightly sharp since it's impossible to raise the pitch of a note while you're playing and I find the flexibility to match any pitch that I'm hearing important, especially when playing with others. Down side is the chords tend to be a bit sharp, but depending on the material you're playing, that may be a non-issue (as it tends to be for me).

Bottom line, if your harp is uncomfortably sharp, and you're not able to easily compensate, then you need to bring it down.

- Slim.

www.SlideManSlim.com
www.JazzHarmonicaSummit.com
www.SlideManSlim.com/blog