Re: [Harp-L] Slidemeister

It varies but I'd say A442 is the closest thing to standard.  Even if you don't play hard A442 should be about right.  I doubt that Bill would have tuned yours any higher without you specifically asking for it.

Grant

--- On Sat, 6/26/10, Bob Cohen <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Bob Cohen <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Slidemeister
To: "harp-l harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, June 26, 2010, 11:02 AM

Just tried to look at slidemeister. The site is down.  Anyone know what's up?  My question was about chromatic tuning.  Before his passing Bill Romel did his magic on a Toot's hard bopper of mine. He tuned all the reeds sharp saying that the pitch would come down when I played at concert volume.  I play amplified so I don't need to blow so hard to get heard.  How do others have their chroms tuned?

Bob