RE: [HARP-L] Jason Ricci's Band

Hey Harp-L'ers

First and foremost, I miss seeing you guys at all the harmonica engagements
-- and I hold great memories of our times together! I don't foresee ever
learning to play the harmonica, but I love the instrument just the same and
hope that one day I will have the pleasure of coming to another event so I
can see you all again!

Many of you have come to me for websites in the past and a few of you are
clients; Thank You! I wanted to clear up any confusion regarding Jason's
website being down. Although I designed Jason's websites over the last 5 or
so years and managed his web hosting during the same period, Jason is no
longer my client. The domain (www.jasonricci.com), which is a separate
product/service from the hosting (where the files are stored), was/is owned
by a guy in Florida. Ed has for many years paid the bills for renewal of the
domain, which was/is much appreciated.

You can see the DNS registrar information here:
http://whois.domaintools.com/jasonricci.com to show that Ed is definitely
the owner of the domain.

When Jason's agreement was terminated with my company, we promptly (actually
twice) transferred all of his web files over to his new web person. I'm not
sure what happened, but it appears that they were not able to contact Ed to
transfer the domain. Although there is mention of some type of personal
tragedy with Ed, I have not heard this -- so I cannot substantiate this, but
if so, I am deeply sorry to Ed and/or his family as Ed is a great supporter
of Jason's music.

More recently, Jason contacted a new web person; however, this new person
has not yet started working on the site. I am sure that in time, just as
mentioned Harp-L did, Jason's website will be back up for the masses.

I cannot comment on Jason's band, as any communication of this nature is
better left to his publicist. I am certain that if there is any down-time it
is absolutely necessary and Jason will be back again after the break. Keep
Jason, his band and Ed in your thoughts and prayers.

Much Love,
Brady Mills