[Harp-L] Subject: Re: New Kaboom/MAAS for stainless steel reeds?

Since I've been extolling the virtues of MAAS for eons, now...I was about
to mention it again as a response to Michael, but Winslow's just done it for
 me.

Glad to see you coming over to 'the dark side', Winslow ;)

Elizabeth

PS to those who haven't yet tried it: I still use the oldstyle MAAS  tube
so don't know yet if the newer lavender scented or liquid version works as
well as the product I've been using since 2005. Here's a link:  the tube
shown at the top is the 'old style' one and is usually still available at local
 stores such as CVS & Walgreens.

_http://garage-toys.com/maasmetpolcr.html_
(http://garage-toys.com/maasmetpolcr.html)

 It works on ALL metals including stainless steel, removes rust, can  be
used on glass and plastics, is less toxic than any other metal or silver
polish on the market - and for me personally I do a last wipe down with rubbing
alcohol of any surface I might come into contact with such as the
mouthpiece and  outside surfaces, while still leaving the buffed-in Maas on the
underside of  metal coverplates to prevent future rust. I've even been using it
on  the shells of my CX-12's after washing them, rationalizing that since  it
will polish plastics, it just might be worth experimenting with to see  if
it'll prevent brittleness down the road. So far, so good.

As always: a tiny dab goes a long way when it comes to harmonicas,
especially the reed plates.

"Message: 12