[Harp-L] Re: Relaxing while playing

Great postings on this topic, there's no doubt that you play better when you're physically relaxed and also comfortable about the performing situation. However, there's a further aspect which I'd like to mention:

Many musical instruments demand a specific posture from the player which may not be especially comfortable or relaxing. Having spent 35 years on stage holding my hands up in front of my face for long periods of time, I have the aches and pains to prove it. Many people in all walks of life are familiar with occupational illnesses caused by their physical posture when performing their work. If you follow the good advice offered by Madcat, Michelle and others, you may yet avoid them

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com