Re: [Harp-L] First serious foray into tuning questions

Perhaps there is no definitive ONE ANSWER to these questions. As in life,
so much is subjective to the orientation of the one observing (or
participating).

One of the wisest sentences I ever read regarding THE TRUTH - "No one knows
 what you think they do".

In my case, I don't "stretch tune" my harmonicas. I go for beat less
octaves whenever possible. Since I breathe the harmonica rather than suck and
blow, my notes tend to NOT go flat during performance. However, beat less
octaves do not yield to me the William Clarke FAT octave sound, but then, I'm
not that type of player.

In a message dated 2/28/2010 9:16:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,