Re: [Harp-L] What's so bad about micing to a PA?

I used to play harmonica with a Gospel choir. The New Wine Church Gospel
Choir, Woolwich, London, England. Mostly with a 50 voice choir.

I wasn't after a "Chicago Blues" harp sound, so I played through the house
THREE KILLOWAT PA system...  Using an SM 58.

But the "sound people" simply kept me out of the mix!
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT.. Till a pal sat in the congregation and said  "John, we
couldn't hear you AT ALL"...

So the next Sunday,  I took in my Fender Blues Deluxe 40 Watt  tube amp...
With my Astatic JT-30 "Crystal Balls" mic
.
The amp was  then miced up through the house PA, with an SM57...

But that 40 watt amp gave me the "headroom" to be heard along with the 3
kilowatt pa...DESPITE the sound person.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines