[Harp-L] What's so bad about micing to a PA?

I get a pretty good sound from my 5 watt Fender Champion "600".  I use a
Shure Spher-O-Dyne(model 533SB) with an impedance changer to make it low
impedance.  I whack it on full volume and I never get any feedback.  As well
as producing distortion it also serves well as a monitor on stage for me and
the others, and an SM57 takes it to the PA for the punters.

It's not perfect, as I'd like a little more bottom end - but I don't think a
6" speaker can do that.  However, I can easily take it on the bus (with mics
and harps) and that means I can keep my mouth well lubricated with Guinness.

Ian