[Harp-L] Line out? direct box? still trying to figure out what's what.

What is a DI box?  Why would you need one?

I'm a fairly newbie, and I'm still trying to figure out everything we talk
about.  I've gotten a Richard Hunter type set up, with an RP 250 and a clean
Peavey keyboard amp and I'm pleased with it, except the KB-100 is a heavy
beast.  I've not played with anyone or in public before, but I go to a
monthly jam the various local friends of Bill W put on here in Lincoln, Ne
where anyone is welcome to play.  I've toyed with the idea, but everyone on
the stage seems to be of the "louder is better and I'd better drown out the
next guy" mentality.  This month was the first time I've seen someone with a
harp get up and play, and in the second row I couldn't hear him except for
occasional lulls in the music and one solo they gave him.  They had a PA,
(no sound guy) but it looked like all the inputs were taken. My first
thought is to get a smaller amp and plug it into the PA, but that may not be
possible.  In this setting I would use the amp as a monitor, so, since my
KB-100 has no line out, what can I do?  Is there some way to use the
headphone jack-is that what a DI box does???

Of course then I have to deal with the issue of getting up and playing in
front of people when I'm not 100% perfect, but just human.......

Thanks,

Bruce K Ritter
A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely
word may level stress, a loving word may heal and bless.