[Harp-L] Sweet Georgia Brown (was: Country tuning)

Thanks Michael, sorry I misunderstood Ian.

Found this:
http://www.banjobook.com/images/photos_books/Stevison/Lead%20Sheet-Sweet%20G
eorgia%20Brown.jpg

John

Guys,
I think the real answer is that Sweet Georgia Brown IS in F, although the
tune begins on the VI7 chord, D7. Pretty cool tune as you never even hear
the F chord until the middle and end of the 32 bar progression (bar 13 &
29.)
Positions mean something, but really not that much in the grand scheme of
things... IMHO.
And I agree that country tuning is kind of a give take on this as you really
only need the F# on a C harp for bars 1-4 and 17-20, otherwise the tune is
basically in F with some G7's here and there.
Learn to overblow and/or play it on a chromatic, there are always
compromises on our instrument...

Michael Peloquin